- The Secrets of Top Students: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Acing High School and College: Click here to read about it on my website, or order it on Amazon.
- Finalist in James Jones First Novel Fellowship Contest for manuscript of Ariadne Dances (2013)
- In Search of E.B. First appeared in the Michigan Quarterly Review. This is a creative non-fiction piece about my search for E.B. White’s farmhouse in the wilds of Maine. Click here for the full text. Click here to read my accompanying blog post. Named a Notable Essay in The Best American Essays 2013.
- Book Review: A Memoir of Central Asia with Mass Appeal. Published by EurasiaNet.org. A review of David Mould’s book Postcards from Stanland: Journeys in Central Asia.
- Expert Stefanie Weisman: How to Study Without Distraction. A review of Freedom’s distraction blocking software.
- Top 6 reasons you should date a pilot: Floating on Cloud 9: Published by SheKnows/ Loving You. A tongue-in-cheek piece on how to travel for next to nothing. Click here to read the accompanying blog post.
- Militarism in the Wall Paintings of the Dura-Europos Synagogue: A New Perspective on Jewish Life on the Roman Frontier: Published by Shofar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies. Read my accompanying blog post here.
- The Nuremberg Schembartlauf and the Art of Albrecht Durer: Published by Cerise Press. This came out of a paper I wrote for my Master’s degree.
Note: For a full list of my education articles, please see my home page.
- Taming the Tiger of Achievement: Good news: You don’t need tiger parents to succeed in school. Featured in the New York Times blog SchoolBook.
- Five ways to avoid the pitfalls of technology in college: Published by USA Today. Click here to read my accompanying blog post.
- Six Surprising Myths About Succeeding in School: Recent research dispels many commonly held beliefs about learning and success. Published by CollegeXPress.
- “Get Smart!” – Study tips article in Girl’s Life magazine. Available in April/May 2012 issue.
- Top 10 Techniques to Help You Survive Finals: With finals just around the corner, the end of the semester can be a very stressful time. But never fear! By following these ten easy tips, you can enjoy the end of your term and still ace your exams. Published by College Countdown.
- The Top Seven New Year’s Resolutions for Students: Published by College Countdown.
- How to Write a Research Paper in College by Mastering the Five Rs: Published by StudentAdvisor.com. Re-posted by the Rise Scholarship Foundation here.
- The LD Advantage: LD stands for learning disability or difficulty. Originally published by the Rise Scholarship Foundation.
- An Analysis of the Late Bronze Age Site of Ayia Irini, Keos: One of the qualifying papers for my Master’s degree.
- From the Florence Baptistery to the Camposanto: A Comparative Analysis of Last Judgments: Images of Purgatory in early Renaissance art.
- The Rebels of 1381: The Construction of Identity in the Chronicles of the Peasants’ Revolt: This paper won Columbia’s Lily Prize for best senior thesis in history on a non-U.S. topic.
- An Analysis of Seneca’s De Beneficiis: A paper I wrote for my Roman Social History class in college.
- An Analysis of Eddius Stephanus’ Life of Wilfrid: A paper I wrote for my Early Middle Ages class in college.
- Traffic Problems Threaten Bayside Quality of Life: Published by The Queens Gazette in 2001.